Is a court clerk/ court administrative assistant?
- This is the person who assists the judge or magistrate by bringing out your file and taking it back to the registry on the day of hearing
- It also refers to the person who interprets the proceedings when the court is in session
- It also refers to the person who receive your pleadings in the registry and prepares summons and other orders for signature by the court.
Is a probation officer?
- A person charged by the state to make inquiries into your social environment and prepares reports to aid the court in decision making at any stage during the trial.
- They may also supervise persons placed on probation or other non-custodial sentences.