- The Copyright Tribunal is established under section under sec 48 of the Copyright Act cap. 130 Laws of Kenya.
Number of Members of the Tribunal
- not less than three and not more than five persons.
The Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear and determine;
- dispute over registration of copyright.
- appeals from any person aggrieved by a decision of the Kenya Copyright Board (the Board”) regarding;
- refusal to grant a certificate of registration to a collective management organization;
- imposition of unreasonable terms of conditions by the Board for grant of a certificate of registration;
- unreasonable refusal by a collective management organization to grant a licence in respect of a copyright work; and
- imposition of unreasonable terms or conditions by a collective management organization for the grant of a licence in respect of a copyright work.