Improve the performance of the Judiciary to provide services in a more effective and accountable manner.
Strengthen the capacity of the Judiciary.
JPIP was conceptualized in 2012 and is being implemented till 2018. The project was designed to scale up and sustain stakeholder participation in the administration of justice and restore public confidence in the Judiciary. The project is being implemented by the Judiciary and also supports the Office of the Attorney General and The National Council for Law Reporting – (Kenya Law) as justice sector players.
A. INCREASING ACCESS TO COURTS AND LEGAL INFORMATION
Increasing access to courts and Legal Information will be achieved by reducing geographical distance to courts; improving links to court users and potential users and reducing knowledge barriers.
- Reduction of the average distance the general public travels to courts.
- Improve access to courts.
- Improve quality and access to judicial services and legal materials.
B. IMPROVING TIMELINESS OF JUDICIARY SERVICES
Improving timeliness of Judiciary services will be achieved through the reduction of blockages in the registries; increasing efficiencies by having improved facilities; and increasing the speed of case resolution.
- Reduction of the average time taken to dispose of cases in courts.
- Reduction of case backlog.
- Improve delivery of court services.
C. ENHANCING PERFORMANCE AND QUALITY OF DECISION MAKING
Enhancing performance and quality of decision making will be achieved by focusing on increasing the use of standards and data in management of the Judiciary; improving consistency, clarity and strengthening integrity in decision making.
- Increase knowledge and skills of Judiciary staff.
- Use the Integrated Performance Management and Accountability System (IPMAS) to assess staff performance.
- Improved outputs of personnel trained.
D. PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
The project management unit is responsible for ensuring that JPIP is effectively and efficiently coordinated and managed. In particular it will ensure effective monitoring evaluation and reporting on the implementation of the activities, communication, construction, procurement and financial management.