The Judiciary, Your Independent Custodian of Justice
We are committed to providing best quality services to all our customers. Our assurance is to deliver justice fairly, impartially and expeditiously, promote equal access to justice, and advance local jurisprudence by upholding the rule of law in line with the Constitution.
Specifically, the Constitution mandates us;
- To expeditiously administer justice to all irrespective of status
- To administer justice without undue regard to procedural technicalities
- To protect and promote the purpose and principles of the constitution 2010, and
- To promote alternative forms of dispute resolution, including reconciliation, mediation, arbitration and traditional dispute resolution mechanism
In our quest to provide timely and quality services to our partners the Judiciary is committed to the following set of core values:
We, therefore pledge as follows:
- Cordially greet you and welcome you to our courts
- Treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Explain the court and registry process with patience and understanding
- Accept and respond to complaints and compliments, be they verbal, written or in electronic form
- Provide reasonable systems due to delay or disability, and locate and reconstruct any missing files with the sense of urgency
- Take all due and deliberate steps to speed up the finalization of your case.
If a customer contacts the Judiciary our staff will:
- Attend to all telephone calls promptly and in any case in not more than 3 rings;
- If unable to respond immediately to any of your queries, customer’s details will be taken to ensure appropriate response within 5 days;
- Respond to complains within one day upon recipient of an official complaint;
- Respond to official correspondence immediately, and in any case not more than 1 day from the date of receipt or send an acknowledgement informing the customer when or where to get the necessary assistance.
Our Customers’ Rights
Our customers are entitled to:
- Demand high quality services;
- Quality and timely services from us;
- Access to relevant information and feedback;
- Courteous and timely response to requests, complaints and inquiries;
- Utmost confidentiality in the treatment of personal and other information provided to the office.
- Familiarize themselves with the relevant court procedures and regulations:
- Treat Judiciary staff with respect and courtesy;
- Provide accurate and complete information about their circumstances to facilitate service provision;
- Respond to enquiries without delay to enable Judiciary to give you fast response;
- Uphold integrity and not comprise any of the Judiciary staff;
- Give Judiciary constant feedback on services and recommendations for improvement;
- Do not ignore court summons/ orders;
- Uphold the dignity of the court and its precincts;
- Compliance with user guidelines provided for our services.
Handling Your Complaints
Stakeholders are encouraged to raise pertinent issues in form of compliments, complaints, enquiries, observations and suggestions to the Judiciary in person, or through postage or e-mail.
The Judiciary guarantees confidentiality and privacy of information at hand. Issues raised shall be addressed within 7 working days.
If a customer is not satisfied, he/she should not hesitate to contact the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary in person or though the contacts provided at the back of this charter.
Customers are encouraged to give feedback on the Judiciary’s performance to enable us know if we are meeting your needs. Satisfaction survey will be carried out to get feedback on appropriate issues for improved service delivery.