Bail and Bond Implementation Committee
Bail and Bond Implementation Committee (BBIC) chair, Lady Justice Jessie Lesiit.
The Bail and Bond Implementation Committee has made the following progress with regard to realising its mandate:
- Mounting awareness campaigns to educate and sensitise stakeholders and the public in different parts of the country through CUCs in Kibera Law Courts, Lang’ata Women’s Prison, Makadara, Bomet, Kilgoris, Narok, Kilifi, Nyando, Tamu, Kericho, Molo, Nakuru and Naivasha Law Courts
- It has trained over 60 officers of different agencies who will in turn train institutions in the criminal justice sector.
- Developed framework for monitoring and evaluating implementation of the Guidelines
- Undertaking pilot monitoring in 20 courts: High Court Criminal Division, Chief Magistrates Court Milimani (Criminal court, traffic court, Anti-Corruption court), Children’s court, City Court, JKIA, Kibera, Makadara, Meru, Nyeri, Kilifi, Malindi, Machakos, Busia, Iten, Garissa, Naivasha, Kisii and Sotik.
- Developed training guide for use in training justice sector actors.
- Developed and disseminated IEC materials.